Kratos Integral Systems International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Already have a profile?
13:SAT-014: SATCOM Network Analyst - Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO
SAT Corporation, (A wholly owned Kratos Company) is a trusted global satellite communications monitoring, interference detection and geolocation company. SAT Corporation is committed to developing industry practices and new technologies to reduce the costly effects of unwanted interference. SAT Corporation’s products, SAT-DSA®, Monics®, satID®, and SigMon® use patented algorithms, complex science and cutting edge technology to monitor satellite communications for Quality of Service; identifying anomalies, including secondary signals, and geolocating sources of interference. SAT Corporation is also leading the efforts behind streamlining network operations and services/content insight. This is accomplished by integrating both network transport with the services/content management layers of enterprise communications networks to provide streamlined trouble isolation and validation and more effective and efficient restoral times. SAT Corporation has an exciting and technically diverse work environment.
As global demand for SATCOM bandwidth increases, the need to actively manage SATCOM NetOps to ensure Quality of Service becomes increasingly important. However, for many satellite operators, resellers, and users of bandwidth services, the costs of establishing and operating a modern SATCOM NetOps infrastructure are significant, often placing it beyond their means. Our team offers customers RF signal monitoring, interference detection and geolocation, and remote network management as a subscription service, thereby reducing the customer’s need for significant upfront capital investments and significantly reducing annual operating costs.
The duties and responsibilities of the SATCOM Network Analyst shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Perform primary customer interface and respond as required to provide proactive operations management services. Control terminal access protocols and access to the satellite payloads.
• Perform communications link QoS monitoring and Service Level Agreement (SLA) validation. Evaluate the quality performance of communication links; respond to and resolve anomalies and alarms.
• Perform RF interference Detection and Geo-location (iDetGeo) functions and terminal monitor and control functions.
• Perform satellite network planning functions and implement restoral plans and coordinate emergency outages.
• Review periodic spacecraft and communications link performance and status reports. Coordinate investigation and repopulation of anomalous indications.
• Chooses among alternative course of action within established guidelines.
• Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character.
• Perform other functions as directed and/or defined in job description attachments.
• Proficiently utilize all NOC subsystems as tools to perform position functions as required.
• Perform all NOC position duties in accordance with published methods and procedures.
• Usually reports to Lead Level.
• The Network Operations Center (NOC) is manned 24/7.
• All SNA positions will support the established, coverage shift schedule.
• Associate’s Degree in Electronics/Information Technology (IT) or equivalent military or civilian technical school training.
• Minimum three years related experience in military and/or commercial SATCOM network payload operations management and control.
• Successful completion of the SAT Services Operation Analyst training course and achievement of all required Level 3 certifications.
• Two of the last four years experience as a MILSATCOM Network Controller in a WSOC or equivalent payload operations position in a commercial setting.
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise on all NOC subsystems.
• Proficient in all SAT Services Network Operation Center (NOC) procedures, guidelines, and methodologies.
• Extensive experience in using RF test equipment, signal measurement tools, probes etc.
• Network Management Principles - FCAPS (TMN 30.10).
• Network OSI knowledge.
• Windows and UNIX Experience.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal skills.
• Prior commercial or Government Network Operations Center (NOC) experience.
The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the SECRET level.
U.S. citizenship is required. EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.